As the party arrived back with their dragon horde from dead Elven Kings tomb, Azimi using her crystal ball scried out Kurin nursing his wounds and about to be attacked by a dark figure. Leaping to his defense he found that the mysterious poisoner completely failed to slay Kurin who was slight bemused at Azimi’s arrival, unannounced. Apparently he had just won a major battle with the giants and was in no mood to move, come back in the morning thank you very much. And yes, next time the stinky witch can bloody well knock!
The next day Kurin was transported back to the dragon slaying heroes who compared battle stories, but charging into a force of 150 direwolves all by yourself and slaying them all, apparently won over the stunning victory of Balefire the puny dragon. After a reveal of a note about some crystal dagger it was decided to travel down to the Shire and rescue all the fat little toesy woesies.
A burning farmstead was seen where some 20 soldiers were in the process of turning the farming family to victims of extreme violence. Fergus on the griffon flew up scaring the soldiers to attempt to hold the farming family hostage. Fergus entered dialogue distracting the nomad soldiers long enough for the remaining heroes to arrive. With a pinch of sand some 14 farmers and soldiers fell asleep as 6 more were held by hold spells. The remaining soldier attempted to flee but died as two of Skrogg’s arrows pierced his brain and emerged out his eye sockets. The family were unimpressed, even being offered a herd of camels and horses as slight payment. The heads of all the nomad soldiers were placed onto spikes as a reminder of the nastyness of the northmen.
Travelling though a mountain pass a bunch of trolls suddenly emerged from the ground and attacked the party on all sides. The Trolls immediately refused to freeze at Azimi’s command and then began to hack and Tear at the party for several rounds before Ragnar got out his flaming Axe and chopped the twitching trolls on the ground. Skrogg had bashed one troll down and then poured burning oil onto it’s head as it ran away with it’s head on fire. Azimi had taken several major wounds and blasted her troll with her firery fingers spell until it dropped dead. It has to be mentioned that these troll’s seemed to be the perfect specimen and be as strong as a troll could. Thorsgrim luckly didn’t say his holy word and slay all the horses in the party.
Arriving at the capital city of the Five Shires it was found that the halflings, bless their little feet had a major problem with flying level draining undead. Strogg just swore when he heard the news of his most feared adversary. After the customary feast, cries could be heard from the town as the Heroes rushed out they saw fast flying Spectres, zooming over at feasting on the fat little halflings. After watching one zoom down from the sky and devour horribly a little halfling who immediately turned into a Spectre itself, Azimi let a fireball down destroying both, but attracting a whole lot more.
12 Spectres surrounded the party and began to do fly by attacks attempting to drain. Luckily Azimi had managed to raise a Protection from Evil 10’ radius spell (a far better one than the clerical one it was discovered), the Spectres bounced off. Ragnar, Fergus and Skrogg stood at the edge of the shield and as a spectre flew close by destroyed them with their magical swords. Seeing the might of the heroes the Spectres flew off. Thorsgrim turned into a cloud of gas and safely followed the Spectres to their lair, before returning some 20 minutes latter (flying at 49 miles per hour / 78 kph). Rather than attack the Spectres in their lair at night it was decided to wait to day.
As ambassador’s to Darokin they were all offered individual rooms in a large Inn. As they went to sleep dark shadows snuck into each of their rooms and attacked.
- Azimi sleeping in statue form was woken my a magical dagger hitting her, she woke and uttered a stun word before blasting the staggering Assassin to death with a blast of magical missiles. Thunder crashed loudly, as Thor’s wrath could be heard. Azimi had to cover her ears from the noise.
- Thorsgrim was also woken by a dagger attack, grabbing his shield he attempted to deflect another poisoned dagger attack only to call upon Thor’s wrath to any and all nearby. The resulting clap of thunder was so loud it stunned all the assassins in the inn, slew every rat, spider, horse and beg bug in the Inn. His Assassin was tied up.
- Skrogg was woken by the dagger, rolling out of bed he grabbed his sword and struck several blows slaying the Assassin quickly as the Assassin attempted to turn to flee. His girdle was still on stopping his stomach from rolling out over the bed edge. Thunder crashed loudly, as Thor’s wrath could be heard.
- Kurin was cruelly was not woken by the cruel dagger as an Efreeti was guarding his room. The Assassin was taken by surprise and then doubly as Kurin brained him with his Axe. Thunder crashed loudly, as Thor’s wrath could be heard.
- Fergus was woken by the Dagger, grabbed his sword and split the Assassin in Twain with the huge sword. Parts of the Assassin dribbled onto the flour.Thunder crashed loudly, as Thor’s wrath could be heard.
- Stargard was woken by the dagger, woke up and immediately went judo chop hitting the silly assassin three times dropping him dead in 10 seconds flat. Thunder crashed loudly, as Thor’s wrath could be heard, but Brother Stargard liked the sound.
- Ragnar slept soundly as the dagger descended, but refused to wake up. The Assassin tried again only for the now slightly grumpy Ragnar to wake up calmly behead the Assassin and climb back to bed. Thunder crashed loudly, as Thor’s wrath could be heard like music to Ragnar’s ears.
The dazed, tied and stunned assassin was put to the question, revealing that the nomad master really really wanted the Darokin Ambassadors dead and had assassin’s in every town waiting to pounce. Plus he really wanted the dagger as well. The Assassins were all armed with magical daggers and braces of protection that now acted as pajamas for the heroes of Ravenholm.
The heroes left towards the cretian temple in the gnarly woods, finding the doors closed, with a magical trap on the door. The side approach of the passwall scroll was going to be used. More magical protections were cast. Everyone was blessed, hasted, and protected from evil. The wall vanished to reveal a 100 x100 foot temple room with some 42 flying spectres who began to fly towards the party.